CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Breakfast Traditions

For the past year my sister and her family have started a tradition that is better than Christmas and Thanksgiving put together. Almost every Saturday or Sunday we have them over for breakfast. They bring delicious Starbucks and I fry up eggs, bacon, biscuits, pancakes or whatever I have in the cupboard that day. We sit and talk and catch up on the last week and talk about how much my two year old nephew is growing. I get to hear all his new words and see his beautiful smile when he walks in the door and shouts, "Hi Auntie, Miha, Kevo!" I know what you are thinking, Better than Christmas, are you sure? Yes, and I'll tell you why. There's absolutely no stress involved. Just quality time with my family and the best part is there are 52 opportunities to have our little breakfast get togethers. If you don't have any family in town, start it with your closest friends. Just do it. You will make memories you will treasure forever, and it is a great way to spend your weekend mornings.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

I wish we could share in that!

Anonymous said...

How fun that you get together with your family weekly for breakfast. Such a simple, filling and happy meal and to look forward each week to enjoy it family and friends and it doesn't break the bank... I love it!

Jami