CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

ServSafe Nightmares

So part of the requirements for becoming a restaurant manager in my company is taking a course on food safety. The book is 12 chapters long and full of interesting and disgusting facts from what cockroach poop looks like (grains of black pepper) to bacteria that lives in human feces. Gross huh~
I was so disgusted. I learned something interesting about hot dogs. As most women who have already had children know if you get a bacteria from hot dogs it can abort your fetus??? Are you kidding me? This same bacteria can also be found in deli meats. It also can lead to Meningitis in children. So thank you ServSafe. I will never be able to sit down and enjoy a hot dog or sandwich again. Gross. And heaven forbid what I will do if someone spills black pepper on my floor! Another interesting fact is that if your house has an oily smell then cockroaches are present, and if you see one in the daytime that is a true sign that your house is INFESTED!
Good news is I made a 92 on my test!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yes. LOL...once you get pregnant you'll learn all about what you can and cant eat (but most pregnant women just roll their eyes at some of those rules). Or some a-hole with a big mouth will comment on it while you're stuffing you face- since people dont think pregnant women are "regular" women. You'll see. But yes, everyone who has had a baby knows those random facts about bacteria in foods. Silly, isnt it?

I dont envy the poop part of your research! Eww!