CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 27, 2009

It's 20 F*#@*ing Items or LESS People


I absolutely can not stand rude people. So here's how extremely annoying people somehow managed to make it into my day and piss me off. After enjoying my much needed Vegas vacation I came home to my restaurant changing the menu. In layman's terms that means "making-my-job-effing-harder-for-about-a-month - and then starting all over a few months later." Unless you have managed a restaurant that constantly changes the menu you can not understand how troubling these times can be. Somebody is going to yell at me next week because we just took off their favorite food in the whole wide world so that we could add something that might or might now still be around in a few months when the chefs in Neverland, who no one ever sees or hears from, decide to rip it off the menu, but someone else has decided that it was THEIR favorite, AND the cycle continues forever. Where was I? Oh yea, sorry got lost in the rant on my way to rant about something else. I've been working my ass off basically. Going into work early every day and staying late. Tonight around six o'clock I had been there about 11 hours when a co-worker needed me to run to Wal-Mart to grab something he needed to run his shift. He can't go because he can't leave, so really I'm the only option. What I haven't got to tell you yet is that yesterday my power steering decided it didn't want to work anymore. To turn my car I have to first grab the steering wheel with both hands and squeeze until my hands turn white and then pull as hard as I can (and grunt excessively) while punching the gas to get the BEAST (it's a beast now that it doesn't have power steering) to slightly turn in one direction, then I repeat the cycle several times until I finally am able to clear the parking lot without hitting another car. Seriously, I look like one of those 90 year old ladies who refuse to give up their right to drive even though they can't see a damn thing and think that their 1970's boat is still a perfectly good car.

I grumble as I hop in the beast on this cold, wet, rainy-about-to-turn-into-snow Oklahoma day and head over to any one's favorite spot on a Friday evening during peak time - Wal-Mart. In, out, in, out, grunt, pull harder, gun it, sigh, in, out, in, out, wait I almost got it, in, out. The beast is parked. I'm annoyed. I'm tired and hungry and I just want to get in and get out so that I can finish up what I need to finish up at work and go home. I grab what I needed, which was a Scrabble game. Yes, my restaurant could not function without a game of Scrabble on this Friday evening (long story). I'm thinking at least I can go through the 20 items or less lane and get out of this place. But, OH NO there they were fatsy mcbutter butt and mcfrizzy puff hogging the only two 20 items or less lanes on this entire side of the store. I'm looking at the signs making sure I'm in the right place, I'm looking at them, actually I'm staring the bitches down, but they refuse to make eye contact with me. I'm looking down the endless rows of cash registers. WTH? Only about 6 of them I think were open in the whole store. I can't even read the writing on the lanes on the other side because they are so far away. Maybe I should just go down to one of those. No, if I do that someone else will be there doing the same thing and I am parked on this side. I had better stay here. Ugh! I'm tired and I just want to go home!

I sigh and tap my foot trying to get the attention of the lady in front of me, but she is too busy keeping track of her four children and peeling their dirty, little, whiny fingers off all the candy in the aisle. You know, I understand that sometimes you just gotta do something shitty, but it would have been nice if she would have just looked up from her 120 items and said, "I'm sorry," but instead she refused to make eye contact with me. You know what her total was? $189.00! Does that sound like an efffing 20 Items or Less purchase to you?! It's not enough to these people that we've upped the express aisle from 10 items to 20 items. It's not enough that we look the other way when they have 23 or 24, but come on $189.00!!!

In closing, if you are one of these people who decides to torture those of us who obey the rules out of kindness for humanity, then screw you. That is 10 minutes longer I could have been cuddled up on my couch with my soft blanket bitching about you on this blog.

1 comments:

floridamamma said...

I hate that too.. but one morning around 6am the only one open is the 20 or less line. So this guy threw me attitude until i made a comment to the cashier.. like why do they not have 2 open one for me and one for a person who has 20 items or less.. I guess in the morning they try to save as much money possible on limited employees! I only do my shopping at walmart at 5-6am or 11pm at night.. I hate standing in lines period.