CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'll Take That One Please

The other day the boyfriend and I got to do something every girl loves - ring shopping. Oh the joy of walking into a jewelry store and answering to the snooty sales ladies that we are looking for "an engagement ring." The phrase is magical. It transforms the snooty ladies from looking down their nose at you to offering you a glass of champagne and listening intently to every word that you say. It's a beautiful scene. Straight out of Pretty Woman. Oh the magical feeling a girl gets when she's trying on ring after ring with beautiful sparkling, shining diamonds. I'm pretty sure I got high after about the 3rd store. I couldn't even feel my legs anymore. It was glorious!
One of my favorite things to do to people is to say something totally bizarre to get reactions out of people. It's quite amusing. Here are a few examples.
Salesperson: When is your special day?
Me: Very soon. We are having a shotgun wedding. I gotta get him hitched before he backs out on me.

Salesperson: We have this on in two sizes. Which one do you like better?
Me: Well, this one says, "He loves me" and this one says, "I'm spoiled rotten." I'll take the bigger one.

Me (after browsing for a few): These all look so tiny, do you have anything bigger?

Me: He's only got a dollar, do you offer 100% financing? Can he make his first payment in 6 months?


Salesperson: How long have you two been seeing each other?
Me: We just met downstairs. I just know he's the one.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Just wait until you start planning the wedding....heehee

floridamamma said...

Hey ms. personality.. if i was that saleswoman I would of been rolling on the floor with all those responses. That is the funnest thing in the world to pick out the wedding ring.. I was the type of girl that did it alone.. left my husband at home so I would have all day to find the perfect one!! But I know it is a special moment between man and woman so congratulations.