CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bar Flies, Fly Away

I've decided I'm sick of all men that I meet thinking either A. "I need a boyfriend right away, " or B. "I am just looking for a guy to take me home after the bar." One of my good friends had a very valid point which was, "Do you think you will actually find your future husband at the bar?" My answer was clearly, "No." However, when you don't want to go home because you are still living with your ex, or feel pathetic because you are all alone, the bar is a great place to go. I have many subjects on which to touch upon here, but for the sake of keeping it short, I am going to focus on one of the many issues with going to the bar single. My first is going to be this, why do all guys that I talk to think that I want to immediately hang out after the bar? I want a guy who just wants my number so that he can arrange a better time to get to know me as a person. That guy will shake my hand tell me it was nice to meet me and leave it at that. He doesn't invite me to breakfast, or even worse an after party. I am talking about respect here. Respect a woman and she will have respect for you. Don't assume that I am a whore and looking to hook up with random guys at the bar, just because I let you buy me a drink. So guys, save your money at the bar and buy a girl something meaningful like a movie ticket or dinner and get to know her as an individual. You will earn her respect and lay the grounds for a relationship that can truly be prosperous and successful.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Ah see, I smell a book deal with this post. :) Great one. I can feel you're already getting better at this blogging thing. "A single girl's guide to being single". LOL. And girl, ENJOY it. This should be nothing but fun! I wish I could take you out!

Tiff said...

That's right! You tell 'em like it is! ha..ha..ha.. Beleive it or not, I actually had this happen...but only ONCE! Lol...I had gone to my cousin's wedding and bar after party where I met one of the groomsmen who asked for my number and did call me the next day. I still politely declined, but at least he was respectful! Poor guy.

floridamamma said...

Boys will be Boys!! Sara the things you must of forgotten since you have not been single in awhile.. I kind of forgot what the whole bar scene was like too. I hardly get out in that scene but when I do I LOVE to watch all the innocent drunk girls getting takin advantage of and all the boysnakes that love doing it.. be careful.. be choosy.. and be confident!! Because you are an ultra-sexy MAMA..