CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Superbowl Turkey Chili

Superrific Superbowl Chili

Okay, so today it the day where football fans gather around the TV and drink beer and eat yummy foods. So, in honor of the Superbowl I wanted to post one of my favorite new recipes for chili.


1 lb ground turkey

1/2 bell pepper

1 onion

1 can stewed tomatoes

1 can chili beans

1 can red kidney beans

1 teaspoon sugar

3/4 can of beer

4 tablespoons tomato paste or ketchup

lots of paprika

cumin

chili powder

lime zest

2 cloves garlic



Brown turkey meat add in grated or chopped garlic, then add lots of paprika and about two tablespoons of cumin and chili powder. Add onion and bell pepper saute until tender. Add beer and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, beans, tomato paste, lime zest and sugar. Simmer until yummy. Be sure to taste test during the cooking process. I serve it with sour cream on top.

I hope you try this recipe. It's delicious! Be sure to drink some beer with it too. ;)

1 comments:

TTownDiva said...

Taste test to make sure you add enough spices. It takes quite a bit more that I think I may have listed here.