CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Not-So-Diva Budget Days...Continued

I've decided to make this a series, I participate in the fun on a tight budget game at least once a week, so I will probably always have material. This weekend I really wanted to have some fun and not spend a lot of money.
Friday Night. Have what I like to call my "Leftover Liquor Party" Have all your friends bring over their bottles of liquor with only a little bit of liquor left in them and mix and match. See how many creative concoctions you can come up with and drink away. If you're lucky they will leave some bottles at your place and Blam! You just scored yourself some free booze. Worried about entertainment? Once again break out the board games. Also, we borrowed Desperate Housewives Season 3 from someone. That's 6 DVD's of entertainment for free. Plus, the show is Amazing! Hungry? No problem. Papa Johns remembers your credit card information online. Surely one of your friends is going through a divorce. Use her soon to be ex-husband's Papa John's account and order up!
Money Spent: $0 (free booze and pizza!)
Saturday Night. Stay home and relax and make yourself some new CD's of your downloaded music, or in my case, have someone bring you a Flash drive loaded with 3 GB of tunes.
Money Spent: $0 (I'm not sure how much 3 GB of tunes is worth, but I'd say a lot)
Sunday Morning: Ok. Time to repent of all the drinking, using soon to be ex-husbands credit cards, and possessing illegally obtained music and head to church. So, your sitting there in church and here comes that offering bucket. Oh no! Don't panic. Here's what you're gonna do. First, pretend like you don't realize it's coming. When it gets about two people down from you start scrambling for your purse. Look like you are REALLY trying to hurry and grab that cash, fidget around like you can't find that $20 bill, maybe even mumble, "Where did I put that $20? I just had it!" Then just pass that bucket right along. I like to let out a sigh here for dramatic emphasis. I really wanted to put that $20 in there!
Money Spent: $0 (you just enjoyed a live concert and speaker for free!)

3 comments:

Tiff said...

Oh my...do tell all!!!!!!! xoxoxo

Tasha said...

I love these! So creative yet sooo naughty. :P

Amanda said...

Here is a freebie we took advantage of last night in OKC:
1. Firends have a father that owns a Chick Fil-A- so we went to dinner with them...for free....
2. Being a teacher- you get a lot of perks (yeah right)...but last night we did have the opportunity to go to the Oklahoma Science Museum's Educator preview of the new pirate exhibit....for free...
3. No money spent- at least 3 full hours of family entertainment.
Now- you and Tiff need to pick a weekend and come stay with me in Edmond- we will have lots of fun!